Every agency's preferences for submission are different.
A.N. Experience In Books requests that authors adhere to the following general guidelines when submitting work to us:
1. All material should be the author's original work. Stories that contain scenes or plot lines that bear any resemblance to previously published work are in breach of copyright law and are not acceptable.
2. Manuscript length should be between 70,000 and 120,000 words in Microsoft Word format. Work that does not meet these length guidelines must be exceptional to be considered.
3. We do not accept partial or unfinished manuscripts.
4. All material must be typewritten, double-spaced and on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Manuscripts should be submitted in either WORD or PDF formation. No disc or paper submission.
5. Please include a complete synopsis and bio, (if you have a press kit include it).
6. Do not telephone to confirm whether or not your manuscript has been received. Request an read request on your email.
All material will be evaluated in as timely a manner as volume allows, usually six to eight weeks. If you have not heard from us after eight weeks please feel free to write and inquire about the status of your manuscript.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL regarding the status of your manuscript.
We do not look at submissions from prison inmates.
We also do not represent books about dubious medical treatments and procedures, books that promote extremist, racist, sexist or bigoted views, or pornography.
We maintain a healthily skepticism toward alternative medicine.That's about all.
If we accept your submission, we will work our hardest to get your book sold. (We earn commissions only on books sold, so we make money when you make money. Some of the terms of our agency contract are listed in the Agency Fees, Legal and Terms Document. We do not give names to book doctors or writer mills.) If we turn down your submission, remember publishing is a very subjective business. Our rejection may be somebody else's bestseller.This information is designed as a guide to aid you in understanding our requirements and standards.One last thought: We're sometimes swamped. We try to read everything quickly, but quickly is a relative term. When we are busy it can take longer than a couple months for us to properly evaluate your submission. If you are in a rush, we are not the best literary agency for you.Send all manuscripts and queries to:Submission Review Coordinator A.N. Experience In Books
Email manuscript in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is designed as a guide to aid you in understanding our requirements and standards.
However, there is no better way to determine what we are looking for than to read some of the authors we feel are the best in the business.
Victoria Christopher Murray
Parry EbonySatin Brown
E. Lynn Harris
Mary B. Morrison
Eric Jerome Dickey
One last thought: We're sometimes swamped. We try to read everything quickly, but quickly is a relative term. When we are busy it can take longer than a couple months for us to properly evaluate your submission.
If you are in a rush, we are not the best literary agency for you.
When you become an AN Experience in Books potenetial client we will provide details on this informaton.